Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday - Day 3, or is it technically day 4?

Since I didn't check in last Friday until about 3pm I'm not sure I can really count that as a day in the hospital.  :)  Although it feels like it.

Nothing much new today.  We did not have a sonogram so the only update on the babies is their first heart rate monitoring of the day was good, everyone close to or in the 150's and everyone is kicking, punching and flipping up a storm.  It makes me feel so reassured to feel them move so much and get stronger with each week.  But it is a busy belly for sure.

My doctor came to discuss contractions this morning.  He is pleased with where I stand with them so far, they aren't too concerning, in fact very typical for 27 weeks with triplets, not worse than they should be.  No regular medication needed for them at this point.  We will continue to treat the ones that come up and start to get regular with intermittent injections of medicine.  It was a reassuring discussion.  I also got permission to have a massage therapist come!  Yay!  I already scheduled a pedicure for Friday - can't wait for that!  It's been 3 months already since I could really reach my toes so they are looking neglected.  He also gave me permission to sit in one of the chairs of my room for meals and here and there during the day for a change of pace.  Though I will eventually be entirely restricted to the bed right now he is more interested in limiting my activity to basically nothing.  But sitting in a chair is cool.  So yay again, a break from the bed!

I tried to get someone from volunteer services to come give me a wheel chair ride today but so far no luck.  I think I missed my window of decent weather now.  At 2pm it was supposed to be 65, the high for the day.  Plus the rain is coming!  Storms are predicted for this evening.  We need the rain so I can't complain.  Hopefully there will be a good lightening show so I have something to watch!

I'm super excited for tomorrow, my friends are throwing me a baby shower at the hospital.  I'm so looking forward to the company, and honestly, the cupcakes.  :)  I also have visitors Thursday and Friday.  I know having someone visit as often as possible will help with the boredom.

I sewed a ripped hem of a nightgown and talked on the phone all morning, that helped.  This afternoon I spoke with my mother in law and have been watching a movie and playing online.  It has become too cloudy to read, I'll just fall asleep though that might just happen anyway.  Better take advantage of naps now!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that you are doing so well...and getting a pedi on Friday:)
    Thanks for the update today--

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and the triplets are in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for the updates. I am hoping to come to your shower today, I will keep my fingers crossed that my little man cooperates or else it might be a short visit :D

    ReplyDelete