Monday, January 23, 2012

Moving Monday

I was woken up this morning by a nurse coming in to say you all ready to move to your new room?  That was at 7:20am.  I looked at her and said, I just woke up and this is the first I've heard of the move so can I at least wait for my husband to arrive and pack me and maybe go pee?  :)

Things happened all on top of each other then.  Yuan arrived, quickly packed me, the nurses came to help move our stuff and I jumped into a wheel chair.  I managed to get a ride to the door of my room and was diverted to the Sonogram room for my scan with the perinatologist.  Then during the scan my OB came and found us, said I've been looking everywhere for you, your old room, your new room, if you weren't here I'd think you escaped!

The scan this morning showed no change in Emma's circulation.  But no change is still good.  It didn't get worse.  Ethan and Alex look good too.

Heart rate monitoring went so much faster this morning too!  15-20 minutes tops.  What a difference good monitors make.  :)  But the combo of moving rooms, a sonogram, heart rate monitoring and a shower stirred things up and my contractions were going.  Another shot of Terbutaline.  One last night too.  But I was informed today that my uterus is already the size of a 40 week single pregnancy uterus!  So my body thinks it needs to start contracting and begin labor.

In my new room now.  It is slightly smaller than the LD room but still quite nice.  Better view and better bed!!  A refrigerator and places to put my personal items.  So a good move I think.  Luckily it is quiet too.  You sort of go into a closet to get into my room so I have double doors, that helps with noise - except when people need in the closet...  But I'm ok with it.  I just need a plant or something, I can see brown trees in the distance outside but it feels very sterile.  I was hoping my windows would open, but no luck.  Not like I could fit through the opening to jump out..  Oh well.  My new room is LDR13 and the direct phone number is 817-305-5351.  I have my cell with me at all times so you can just call on that.

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes, they make me feel far less alone.  Hopefully we will make it 8 more weeks!  Seems like an eternity but it would be so awesome for the babies!!!

PS - Thank you to all my neighbors and friends on Delaina for the shower you were all having for me on Friday.  I'm bummed it had to be cancelled but it was such a nice thing to have you all participate in.  I received your gift - thank you to everyone!  And Angie sent the cake with Yuan to the hospital, it was delicious and so cute.  We shared with the LD floor and everyone was excited.  Here is a picture of the cake before the feeding frenzy began.
They are technically Gao Triplets :)  
No worries, having a different last name than your husband messes a lot of things up.  

Thank you so much Angie and Kim for organizing the shower!  That was incredibly thoughtful of you.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Adrienne,
    Wow, EIGHT weeks in the hospital...I cannot imagine. I guess you will make it homey and get to know everyone and it won't be so bad. I'm glad you like your new room. I'll be praying for Emma to hold steady for her own health and Ethan and Alex's too.
    As for DVD collections...we have 24, King of Queens and the complete Three Stooges collection! Not sure the boys would part with the Stooges though...which is a disappointment, i know. Hang in there!!!
    Big hugs...Lisa

    ReplyDelete