Monday, January 30, 2012

2nd Monday, 5 more Mondays to go? Fingers Crossed

No sonogram yet today so I'll post the results of that later today after it finally happens.  The Peri on today is not much for routine.  He was here this morning but only had time for one more emergent patient and is coming back this afternoon to do the rest of our sonograms in antepartum.

I had a dream last night that my OB called to tell me I was actually having 5 babies and I needed to have that confirmed during my sonogram this morning.  I took the news surprisingly well.  Luckily we still only found 3 heart beats this morning, so I think I'm safe.

Emma and Ethan were good babies this morning and monitored really well, Alex would have no part of it and spent her entire 10 minutes kicking and punching the monitoring pad.  Thankfully my nurse is level headed and doesn't spend an hour trying to make an uncooperative baby get on the monitor when she is clearly moving and we can hear her heart beat.  Emma is the only one that MUST have a 10 minute printed strip so when she isn't in the mood to cooperate monitoring takes forever.

Here's a picture of me all hooked up to the heart beat monitors yesterday afternoon.  You can see how hard the nurses are pushing trying to get the HR's to trace on the computer.  Big surprise this started contractions.  The better nurses don't push this hard.


Yuan has convinced me to start posting my diameter in my weekly tummy size pictures to the right.  Since I'm about the size, or larger, than a 40 week single pregnancy at this point I can safely say, I would have had a cute sized single baby belly.  I am all up front and a cute little round ball of babies.  I'm interested to find out what I look like in 6 or 7 weeks.  I still don't think I'll be as big as I expect.  Thank goodness for being so tall!!

This weekend Yuan brought me noodles with beef /Chinese celery and eggs/ tomatoes - so delicious.  We had that twice.  We played a ton of California Canasta and he killed me.  I need a new strategy...  We took a nice wheel chair ride Sunday, it was in the 60's with tons of sunshine.  Yuan decided to make a work out out of it and found a line of traffic cones in the parking lot that we he ran and pushed me weaving through a few times.  He thinks his record time is about 30 seconds and dares anyone else to beat his time!  He is awesome, I've kept him busy on the weekends with cooking, cleaning and errands.  He tends to spend the mornings at home trying to accomplish everything then the rest of the day and evening here at the hospital.  He also stops by every night and sometimes in the mornings too.  I don't think either of us will be well rested when the babies arrive...  Maybe better to not have such a shock to our systems upon their arrival.  He is an awesome husband, I couldn't ask for anyone better.  

I'm hopefully going to learn how to Knit.  Volunteer services offers knitting and crocheting lessons.  I figured something to pass the time while I watch tv might be nice.  We will see how this goes, I'm not the best at anything sewing related.  My instructor just stopped by to meet me and said she will be back with supplies.  

Had our sonogram this afternoon and yet again no worsening in Emma, yay!  Good fluid, good movements and stable circulation issue.  HR monitoring afterward was less than successful, both Emma and Alex weren't in the mood.  We did the best we could but knowing they had just looked fine on the sonogram helped.

My friend Brenley came by this morning to chat and brought me cookies!!!  Soooo good.  I told her she managed to tie my friend Katie's title for best chocolate chip cookies!  I also got a care package from my brother and his wife that was funny and awesome - thanks again guys!

I have lots of visitors this week, I'm so excited.  Next week is currently open so just contact me to set up a day and time.  I'm going to seek out a way to post a calendar if I can now.  Thanks for being such great friends and family everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. Yo Adrienne! You look beautiful! This is Shelley from the Delaina hood (at the other end of the st. On the corner). Kara had told me you were expecting and I am soooooo happy for you! Congrats to you and Yuan!!! This blog is such a great idea, thank you for sharing! I can relate in a small way about the bed rest situation...but only three weeks for me and it was at home so yeah I can only imagine what a challange your going through...hang in there!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley, thanks! We've met a couple times on Lisa's driveway, right? Glad Kara shared the info. It's a bit rough but apparently effective for at least one of the issues we are having so I'm happy about that. I hope I'm not bringing up a sad situation but didn't you guys loose your dog earlier this month? Did you find her?
      Glad you got the blog address. Thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  2. Adrienne, Yes that's me! And it was actually my neighbor's dog and they did find him thank goodness...When little Mackinzie came to my door with tears in her eyes asking if I had seen him it just broke my heat and I had to organize a search party. Luckily he had a chip and was home within 2 days! Hope things are well. Kara and I would love to come visit when you don't have anyone scheduled, we both have Fridays off. Oh and I'm and ex-junior hospital volunteer so im good with wheelchair rides :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friday is a great day to visit and this week you guys could come between 10:30 and 2 if you wanted to. Just let me know, or the next week is open as well - all day.

      That was so nice of you to help Mackinzie and I'm thrilled the dog was found!!

      Delete
    2. Adrienne,
      Both Kara and I can make it this Friday at 10:30 if you have that time open. My email is sdichiaro1@gmail.com just let me know! :) Shelley

      Delete