Friday, January 27, 2012

1 week mark

It's been a chaotic morning, not because anything was wrong but because the normal things are all out of wack.  I asked for my breakfast to be delivered at 8:30 today as I had to fast for blood work that had yet to be ordered and most likely wouldn't get drawn until 8:15.  The nutrition hostess last night said it would be no problem she would enter it in my chart.  Well, the food showed up at 7:30 of course.  I told the hostess the situation and she said ok, I'll set it out here for later.  To which I replied, no, I'm not eating hour plus old food, I want a new tray when I asked for it at 8:30.

Over the next hour I had my sonogram which went great, Emma is still the same, other two look good and my cervix hasn't changed even a millimeter!!  Bed rest is helping as are the shots to stop the contractions.  My OB stopped by and he ordered the liver test for choleostasis and said sorry the only thing you can do for some relief from the itching is ice.  :(  But even if I have choleostasis it shouldn't make us have to deliver early.  Yay!!

The nurse was able to get the lab up to draw my blood pretty fast, so they rolled in at 8:15 and got that done.  Then my tray of food was brought in.  Same tray, cold old food with warm milk for my cereal.  Disgusting.  I was pissed-but also starving.  So I just ate the gross breakfast, minus the warm milk.  Then at 9am, nutrition services rolls in with a fresh breakfast tray.  I'm thinking, you have to be kidding me.  I was so aggravated.  It's hard enough getting them to monitor the babies around meal times so I don't always eat cold food.  It would be nice to try and get at least 1 hot meal a day...  Grr.

1st heart rate monitoring of the day good.  Didn't happen until 11am, but still good.  2 more to go.

Yummy lunch today too, chef's salad.  For hospital food I expected far worse, it's been fairly decent.  Definitely edible.  Yuan is making and bringing dinner for the both of us tonight.  Noodles with veggie dishes on top.  So good!  Looking forward to that.  :)  I am having a pedicure today too!  The hospital has approved people than can come in for things like that.  I am so looking forward to that!!  My poor neglected toes.

Here are the sonogram pictures from today.
Ethan's profile.  Mainly his head with a little of the top of his chest.  You can even see a healthy ventricle in his brain!

Alex's portrait.  She is face forward, a little haunting but some well defined features for an ultrasound.  I assume that is her hand next to her head but they are getting crowded in there so it could be someone else's...

The back of Emma's head and part of her spine...  Yep, she rolled over 2 months ago and we haven't seen her face since.  She is camera shy, or else is demanding 1 million dollars for the first portrait of herself-Blue Ivy ain't got nothing on Emma Gao.  Since she is an identical twin I assume she looks a lot like her sister above.  :)
Since everything is looking good today they probably won't do a sonogram again until Monday morning.

Have a nice weekend, I'll only write if something worthy of an update happens.

3 comments:

  1. those pictures are wonderful to see! glad everything, minus the annoying food situation, is going alright. so sorry i couldn't make it today. i was so looking forward to chatting and seeing how everything is going...and taking you on a wheelchair ride ;) you're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update and the pictures are great to see:) I am glad you'll get the pedi soon...and hope you and juan enjoy the home-cooked meal! You and the triplets are in my prayers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. One week down, hopefully many more to go! I'm glad everything is going well....hang in there!

    ReplyDelete