Thursday, January 26, 2012

Oh the itching!

It has been an eventful few days as far as hospitalization goes.  Yesterday, Wednesday we had a scare with Emma.  During her morning heart rate monitoring she had a major deceleration, she was down to 50 bpm and under 100 for 6 minutes of monitoring, in the 50's for at least 2 of those.  The normal HR for a in utero baby is 120 to 180 bpm.  The nurse quickly had me roll from my back to one side then the other trying to get it back up.  She quickly called my OB who said keep monitoring her and get the sonogram done asap!  Her HR did start to climb and luckily the perinatalogist had just arrived so they rushed me to sonogram.  He looked and of course her HR was normal again and thankfully her circulatory problem had not worsened.  She was the same still.  They ordered more monitoring a day to see if this was an isolated event for Emma, like she rolled onto her cord, or if it is a pattern.  So far all her monitoring since has been normal.  :)

I also had a wonderful baby shower yesterday that my friends held here at the hospital in my room.  It was so sweet of them and so many of them were able to alter their plans and make the trip to the hospital.  Thank you again Sarah for arranging everything.

The new news is my itching.  I've been itching all over for a month but it's been manageable.  The last two days it has become far worse.  Last night I barely slept had such bad itching of my palms and soles of my feet.  So we ran some liver blood work today which came back slightly abnormal.  I might have a bile acids test run tomorrow to see if I am developing choleostasis.  If I am it sounds like we have to  hope the acids rise slowly because there is no fix other than delivery...  There is a drink they can put you on to try and keep them lower and delay needing to deliver.  Grr.  So hopefully I'm not going to be a problem.  The blood test takes 4 days to come back.

Having the fun terbutaline shakes right now as I try and type, that's a challenge.  But luckily still only had maximum of 2 a day usage of it for the contractions.  That is good.

My friend Katie and her daughter Annabelle came for a visit today and brought their amazing chocolate chip cookies - of which I've eaten way too many already!  We chatted and then they took me on my wheel chair ride.  It was lovely out and I so appreciated some fresh air.  It was great to have company and helped to fill my morning.  After they left I ate lunch then took a 2.5 hour nap until almost 4pm!  Awesome!

Sonogram tomorrow morning, I'll report on the babies after that.  Wish me a far less itchy night so I can sleep!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment