Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fire! No. Building being demolished! No. OK, I survived today.

It's been entertaining here today.  For the majority of the day my room has been shaking as the patio below me is demolished.  I've considered that I may have to quickly exit my room if they miss the ground and hit a pillar instead.  It has felt like the building was being hit by a wrecking ball all day.  Luckily I had guests all day to keep my mind off the noise.  Of course, in Baylor Grapevine tradition the fire alarm has now started going off at random.  This also happened when I was here for my 13 week over nighter.  We lost power that night too so hopefully that doesn't happen too.

The big news of the day is my itching.  It's gotten worse.  :(  Labs showing liver is getting more unhappy so it's time to start some meds.  Darn.  Still not to a point where we would have to deliver because of it.  In the mean time it is miserable.  I'm not sleeping much because of it which is frustrating.  Hope this new medicine makes it tolerable again.

The babies have been stable this week, Emma still no diastolic flow and Alex decreased diastolic flow.  So we will keep on trucking.  29 weeks and 4 days today.  We need to get to 32 weeks, that is our current goal.  If we make it to 33 we will celebrate!!  Tomorrow marks 3 weeks in the hospital.  I won't say it's fun or I like being here but it isn't as bad as I expected it to be.  I have amazing friends who visit me often, I sleep a lot, play canasta all weekend with Yuan, and I am learning how to knit a really misshapen washcloth.  I am not getting to even 25% of the stuff I thought I would while in here.  I was going to read a ton - nope, I just fall asleep.  I was going to write thank you cards - nope can't move my wrists to write (thankfully I can type!!),  I was going to cut stencils for a project for the babies - nope, need my heat knife the x-acto knife isn't working.  Basically, most things I try to do make me fall asleep.  I'm so exciting right now...  Wish I could bank all this sleep for when the babies get here.

I'm not sure I mentioned this in an earlier post but we had a NICU tour this past weekend.  We were glad we did it, we learned a lot and now have an idea of what to expect.  Still can't believe my tiny belly has 3 29 week old babies in it!!

Sonogram tomorrow morning; fingers crossed there are no changes.

I have a visitor on Monday and probably Tuesday so I'm taking offers for the other three days :)  Thanks again to everyone who is keeping me company!!

1 comment: