Sunday, March 10, 2013

Nursery Decor

Clearly we had to go with a gender neutral nursery.  I had been planning a giraffe and learning nursery with our first pregnancy and had already painted an army green bedroom a nice soft yellow.  2 coats of primer and 2 coats of yellow.  Geez, thanks previous owners...  I still liked the theme and had already painted the cornice box my dad built for me.  I expanded the theme a bit by adding elephants and monkeys so each baby had an animal.

I love orange, turquoise and limey chartrusey green together so those became my primary colors.  To keep the room nice and bright we kept the curtains white and chose white cribs.  We purchased a cheap IKEA dresser and painted it orange and made it our changing table and Ethan's dresser.  I have a large antique wood dresser for the girls clothes and a cherry side table (not pictured).  I'm contemplating removing the side table that is normally under the window.  It serves no purpose at this point except to stuff toys in for the babies to remove as a game.  I think I might like more floor space right now.

I painted graphic pictures of monkeys, giraffes and elephants for above their beds.  I wanted to keep the look clean and contemporary so I found mobiles on etsy.com that were delicate paper leaves.  1 mobile above each bed.  They don't take up a lot of visual space but add a little something extra.  I just found some new mobiles on etsy.com that I thought were cool and thought I'd share with you.
Link to shop littlenestbox: Mobile on Etsy.com

I think I could decorate and redecorate a nursery a hundred times over and still have new ideas.  It was tons of fun and I'm looking forward to decorating their rooms as the grow.  I already have area rugs I love for the girls room once Ethan gets a room to himself!  Too much fun!




1 comment: